Another Science Advances paper titled “Will reshoring manufacturing of advanced electric vehicle battery support renewable energy transition and climate targets?” was published in 2023. Relevant media reports include,
- Cornell Chronicle: Study unveils policy insights for reshoring EV battery production (also in TechXplore, News Azi, etc.)
Another paper titled “Second life and recycling: Energy and environmental sustainability perspectives for high-performance lithium-ion batteries” was published in Science Advances in 2021. This is a collaboration with Professor Lynden Archer and Professor Chris Rahn. The results were reported by a number of news media outlets, including, but are not limited to:
- The Hill: Cornell researchers propose new solutions to make retired EV batteries more sustainable
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Research News: Retired electric vehicle batteries could be used to store renewable energy
- Popular Science: The race to close the EV battery recycling loop
- ScienceDaily: That new EV battery will be a headache to recycle: These solutions can help
- TechXplore: Study provides keys to managing influx of EV batteries
- Mirage: Retired electric vehicle batteries could be used to store renewable energy
- TechnologyNetwork: Addressing the Influx of Spent EV Batteries
- AZoMaterials: Reusing and Recycling Li-Ion Batteries
among many others.
PEESE researchers co-authored an article in Science Advances. The title of the paper is “In silico discovery of metal-organic frameworks for precombustion CO2 capture using a genetic algorithm.” It worth noting that one of the co-authors, Prof. J. Fraser Stoddart, was award the 2016 Nobel Prize in Chemistry early this month, one week before the paper was officially published online.